Monday, October 10, 2011

Private Investigation

The year so far has been quiet exciting. By exposing myself to a whole new persona, I realized that its not easy to get out of your usual self. When I tried my hands on some of the newer patches of activism, I found out that its comical. You want to change the whole world and suddenly you see support thriving. You drew strength from them and you start the process, you jump on to the sea. You believe that together, all of us, can achieve what we are so enthusiastically pursuing. This is even more pertinent when you realised that all our innate passion about this cause will take us nowhere but to a glorious future. Of course, I forgot to factor in a very important aspect of life. Commitment! 

The commitment was not that strong as we thought it would be when it actually came down to doing things. All the usual ogres popped out their ugly heads with their shinning teeth to munch away as much as possible. Even it they realised that this will finally kill the future that we wanted. The death is imminent at the very end but it was never expected to be so swift. I am surprised, awed and amused to see how people can speak their smart speech in public and their visionary thoughts were well appreciated. Now, we wanted to graduate to the next level which is to get action as against only speaking. Basically, we wanted to walk the talking together. 

And, then came the bitter realisation that all that shines is not gold. I realised it exactly as it supposed to be meant. We all saw it glittering from far away and when all of us wanted to sit back and enjoy shinning gold without getting into the mud and shine it through. We lacked commitment and resolve to bring the golden glory to our objective. I now think it was never meant to be and what we looked and, those few who actually toiled, that it was still a time that was worth spent. We lost a vision but we never lost our dream. And, we will not stop. At least, I will not stop. 

I find this as a welcome change in my otherwise humdrum mechanical life. The experience and thrill of walking through the unknown waters and your belief that life is alright just after this stretch is simply bewildering. Let the times roll and we will find the goodness in it. 


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great work on blog but If you change the appearance, especially that black color of the background it would be nice.

Tituraj said...

Thanks Habib. I shall take that advice and make it more reader friendly.